VACUUMAT® lightweight positioning mat. Helps positioning patients prior to a surgical procedure, ultrasound, MRI, CT or X-ray (as radiolucent).
The insulation and shaping properties are achieved by microbeads.
Made from a sturdy polyurethane material, it is very easy to clean. The material is tough and grippy.
Made from a sturdy polyurethane material, it is very easy to clean. You can run it under a tap or simply wipe it down.
It comes as a kit including the mat and an adapted vacuum pump.
1. Lay the animal on the mat, in the desired position.
2. Close the valve.
3. Pump the air out of the mat with the adapted pump in less than 10 seconds.
• The mat conforms to the shape of the patient and holds him in place. The animal won’t slide away or move.
• If you want a leg positioned at a certain angle for an X-ray, the mat closes around the limb and holds the leg in the correct position.
• The mat gets stiff while remaining flexible and very comfortable for the animal. The stiffness of the mat can be adjusted by slowly releasing the valve.
• The VACUUMAT® helps to combat hypothermia while holding the patient in the required position for surgery.
• Maintaining body heat is much easier than regaining it after it is lost. Insulating patients from cold surfaces and preventing a drop in body temperature.
The Vacuumat® can be used for:
X-RAY : the Vacuumat is radiolucent
SURGERY: Belly side
2 sizes :
40 x 60 cm
60 x 100 cm
ULYSSES VET CLINIC,CAIRNS
“We recently purchased two of the Vacuumat® for our busy small animal practice. They have been an instant hit with all the nurses and the vets. They are fantastic for holding patients in position (especially the awkward deep chested breeds) and are extremely easy to use and keep clean. I would highly recommend them. In fact I've just ordered some more!"
TEA TREE GULLY VETERINARY HOSPITAL
Tascha Baylis, Senior Veterinary Nurse
“We have received the vaccumat and been using it for a couple of weeks now. We love it as it not only keeps our patient well insulated and helps prevent hypothermia but also is great with positioning for dental radiographs.”
SUPERVETS, MANLY WEST & HENDRA
Dr Anthony Cassimatis
“The Vaccumat has been a wonderful addition to our hospital along side the Cosypad for many different procedures. Originally designed for radiographic positioning (and while this is very useful) we have found it even more useful for all surgical procedures instead! It solves multiple problems at once such as taking away the need for sand bags, perfectly positioning the patient for all surgical procedures and enables soft comfortable bedding while under a procedure. While it also insulates patients we add a heat pad underneath which warms the bed without risk of burns, this along with a bear hugger on top gives remarkable temperature stabilization. Even for dirty procedures such as dentals we use the malleable and hardening function to create a neck rest with head tilting down onto a Cosypad for drainage. Adding a pee pad under the Cosypad allows for all fluids to be captured while keeping the patients face clean. This set up is gold! Another great product we will continue to use daily.”
How does it work?
Why do you love it?